A noble order of protectors unified by their belief and observance of The Force, the Jedi hearken back to a more civilized, classical time in galactic history. Their order is ancient, spanning over a thousand generations. As the Galactic Republic throve and grew over the centuries, the Jedi came to serve it as guardians of peace and justice.
Becoming a Jedi Edit
Players with aspirations of becoming a Jedi must complete a series of quests and skill advancements.. These quests will take a player from a rudimentary understanding of the Force to a full-featured Jedi Knight with a wide variety of abilities. Players must go through the following steps in order to turn their characters into Jedi:
- The first step to becoming a Jedi is to become Glowing With The Force.
- Once your character has become sensitive to the Force, they will receive their first visit from the Old Man. His first visit will start them on a small quest that will grant your character access to the Village of Aurilia.
- In the village of Aurilia, your character will train in being Force sensitive.
- When your character's Force sensitive training in Aurilia is complete, they will receive a second visit from the Old Man, whom will send them to kill Mellichae.
- After eliminating Mellichae, your character now has access to Padawan Trials.
- Upon successful completion half of the Padawan Trials, your character has now become a Jedi Initiate. Completing the Entirety of their trials grants them the rank of Jedi Padawan.
- (Optional) Complete the Jedi Knight Trials to become a Jedi Knight or Sith Lord and advance through the Force Ranking System.
- (Optional) Go Rogue from the Jedi Order or the Sith, and become a faction-neutral Grey Jedi or Dark Jedi [not currently obtainable]
Jedi characters can choose to train skills from five disciplines. Each discipline focuses on a traditional MMORPG player role and grants powerful abilities related to that role. Each profession has abilities every Jedi wants, but with a limited number of skill points each player must pick and choose which skills they train based on the role they wish to play.
- Force Defense (tanking)
- Force Enhancement (buffing and debuffing)
- Force Healing (healing)
- Force Powers (ranged combat)
- Lightsaber (melee combat)
Bounty Hunters Edit
see also: Jedi Visibility and TEF
In SWG, it is common for Jedi to be hunted by Bounty Hunters. Currently the only way to get a player bounty in the game is for a Master Bounty Hunter to get a mission for a player Jedi. To avoid having a mission generated on a Bounty Hunter Mission Terminal, a Jedi must not gain visibility, which is acquired by using a lightsaber or force abilities within view of other players.